We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Letter Has Arrived....now onto that court date!!

We got a call tonight from our social worker. She said that the letter we were waiting on, from the federal database in Russia, has arrived! Now, our agency workers over in Russia will be submitting our complete dossier by next week to the judge in Moscow. He or she then has 10 days to review our documents, and hopefully, grant us a court date! We are really excited to get this news! Please keep praying that the judge sees everything he or she needs, and that we can get a date in before Christmas!!! (well...that's our prayer!)

Speaking of that being our prayer, I neurotically mapped out this future potential travel calendar for us...

If our docs get submitted by next Wed, 10 days after that is Dec. 8th. If they schedule court dates 3-4 weeks in advance, that means we will most likely not get a date before Dec. 25th when they begin their court recess (but, that just means we will need to pray extra hard for a Christmas miracle!). On a good note, I did find out that the court recess is not for the entire month of January- it's just for the first 2 or 3 weeks...so we could maybe get a mid-late January court date if we can't get one before Christmas.

I keep reminding myself of how fast time flies....

Please, Lord, get us back to our boy for Christmas and his birthday!!!

Thank you all for your prayers!!

7 comments:

  1. This is fantastic news! Today has been a day for answered prayers. We will continue to pray for a court day for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Liz! I am so excited for you guys! I've been checking every day to see if you got the letter! Will continue praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news!!! I'm praying for your Christmas Miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, that is so exciting, will be praying for a quick court date!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news!!! Keeping our fingers crossed that the judge is kind and schedules your court nice and quick!!! Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!