We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sad News and a Prayer Request

For those of you who may not have seen, read, or heard: an adoptive mother from Tennessee decided that she could no longer care for her adopted son (7 yrs. old) stating that he was psychotic, and threatened to harm their family. She decided to purchase a one-way ticket for the boy and send him back to Russia...alone! As you may surmise, Russia's MOE (Ministry of Education...who is in charge of all Russian adoptions) is not very happy with the US because of this, and may decide to close its doors to US families wanting to adopt from Russia). The news articles I have read and seen do say they have temporarily closed their doors, however, our agency did not post anything yet regarding this...which we are taking as a good sign so far. I am pasting a link below to the World News Video that gives some more detail.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36322282/ns/world_news-europe/?gt1=43001

This sad news calls for prayer:
-pray for the boy who was returned...he must be so confused, and further hurt well beyond what any child should.
-pray for the adoptive mother and family- this couldn't have been an easy thing to do...disturbing as it was...and as hard as it may be to pray for them.
-pray for the head of the Ministry of Education to have wisdom and clarity (not anger) in his decision to potentially suspend US adoptions. I pray he sees that there are so many truly loving families wanting to give an orphan a loving home.
-pray for the families that are in this process already. Yes, this includes us...but I am praying more for the families I have been "following" via blogs who are in between trips- parents who have just held, hugged, and seen their children and are awaiting the 2nd trip to bring them home with the thought that things may be totally undone. I can't begin to imagine what they are feeling now.
-pray for the orphans of Russia (and the orphans all over the world) who are without a home, a mother, a father, and many times without even the basic necessities of life.

My heart is heavy today- for each of these people we are praying for. While it is tempting to worry or be upset over circumstances we can not control, it is a perfect time to lean on God - who knows His plans for our lives.

Thank you for your continued prayers!

4 comments:

  1. And, above all, pray for those helpless defenseless children sitting, by the hundred thousands!, in the orphanages all across Russia! May God be with them all that they may find their forever family, whether in the US, Russia or even some other country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're praying for you guys. I'm fighting back tears reading this. You know we're always hear for you to rejoice and to cry with.

    We love you guys,
    Uncle Walt & Aunt Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! Good thing our trust is in God and not circumstances or the Russian government or even in people .... I LOVE the teddy bear! We probably all could say that Jeremiah 29:11 is one of our favorite verses ..."For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Today we pray this verse for your little one!!!! God has a plan ... and you are part of it ... and so is your little one! That little one has a hope and a future - in God's safe hands ... and in your hearts of love! Praying it's still moving forward rapidly!
    Much love in Jesus,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz and Greg,this is a great thing you're doing i have been praying ,and will keep praying for you till the end.I love you guys!

    Love,Hannah

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!