We welcome you to follow along as we enjoy our life home with our sons!













Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving #1

I can not believe it- a year ago this past Friday we got the call that we were invited to come back to Russia for our court date. I will never forget how horribly sad I was from October 8th when we came home until that day we got the news. Once I knew we were going back, my sadness turned to Thanksgiving, as I found out we would be home for Christmas! I still am shocked a year later.

Sooo, who would have guessed that this Thanksgiving we would be saying how thankful we are for 2 boys?!?! God is amazing! What a wonderful Thanksgiving we had- SO much to be thankful for!!

I am going to try to use my November photos to share a few things I am thankful for (in no particular order!) :)

Reason #1 - My handsome Russian-American who is so stinkin' cute. He made my whole day this morning when he said, "Mommy pretty" as I was kissing him goodbye for work.

It looke like someone enjoyed his 1st Thanksgiving meal!!!


Reason #2 - Handsome #2! I am so blessed to be able to experience being a mama to a baby. It is oh, SO different, and I am loving every minute! My cheeks actually hurt at times from smiling so big back at this little face!

Happy Thanksgiving also = Happy 4 months, Ethan!!
Weighed in at 14 lbs, 2 oz. and  measuring 25 1/2 inches!


Reason #3- We are so blessed to have all of our needs met, and are thankful for the opportunity to share with others

Preparing shoe boxes to send off with Samaritan's Purse!


Reason #4- We have a family who has prayed for, welcomed, and loved our boys from the start!


Ethan is laughing so much now! Here he is with his with his Aunt Wawa, laughing with his great Grandmom!


Reason #5- Having a chance to see my mom be a "Nana"- watching her with the boys brings back such fond childhood memories! I want to be just like her! ('nuff said...eyes brimming with tears) :)


Nana and Landon making a pilgrim together!


Reason #6- I have a husband who is an AMAZING father. 

Ethan and Daddy talking to each other- I love this!! It melts my heart!


Reason #7- For our church family who helped to bring home Landon with their prayers and financial support. 

Landon with his Cubbies leader, Miss Kelsey! ...whom he adores! :)


Reason #8 I have the best in-laws anyone could ever ask for! 

Someone loves to cook!! Landon helping Mommom make Thanksgiving dinner!


Reason #9- Repeat of #8- love my brother in law (who was 4 when we started dating...ah! where has the time gone?) and my "4th sister" who is making me an aunt...finally!! :)

Making Turkey Apples!!! 


Reason #10- For being placed in such an amazing, Godly family who has raised me to know and love God. What a legacy I pray we continue in...4 generations.
4 Generations!!


Reason #11-  My sisters!! My best friends!



Just as I thought I would, I feel like I'm leaving so much/many out.  I have so many reasons I am thankful- I am blessed. And, to quote Rev. McCray from last Sunday's sermon, I am "Blessed for a purpose" and my "Blessing doesn't come without responsibility." Two statements that I am challenged to remember and live up to daily.


And, on that note, I'm going to call it a night...call it a post. Because, right now, I am thankful for REST! 

2 comments:

  1. Ethan is so cute , and who would have thought that in 1 year you would have two beautiful and adorable kids!!!! Love you guys<3
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!