Our fall has been crazy busy so far! We drove out to Kentucky the end of September to see Aunt "Doily" (Jill...that's how Landon says her name) ;) get married, we took a family "trip" to Duffield's Farm, Poppie's birthday, the Cubbies hayride, I went back to work, and now Halloween festivities!
Rather than telling things in my normal novel format, I will be changing to a picture book pace in attempts to get everything into one blog post.
Ready? :0)
Our handsome ringbearer right before walking down the isle!
What a good boy! A pleasant change of pace for Landon, here. At the rehearsal, he sprinted up the isle, flinging his glove (aka pillow) off into the pews somewhere, and ran up the stairs to the platform, and jumped off. After picking my stomach up off the floor, I was mortified and nervous about how he was going to be on game day. Thank God, our boy was behaved! ...even though Aunt Jill wishes he would have had a repeat of the rehearsal!
My mom came with us to the wedding. What a lifesaver she was! It was so nice to have an extra pair of hands! She also made the suit you will see Ethan wearing in the upcoming pictures- TOO CUTE!!!
Here is Landon with "Chick" - a close family friend who actually used to be one of our youth group leaders when Greg and I were in Agape, and who bought Greg's truck from us this summer. Well, one day I was in the bathroom getting ready, Landon came running in yelling, "Mom, come, Chick!" So, I take his hand, and follow him into our bedroom only to see him point to the TV. I had left the Disney channel on. Phinneas and Ferb was on...and here is the character he calls, "Chick" I almost lost it. I cracked up! It is now another "Jar Jar" funny look alike story!
Chick AKA Major Malcolm
Landon looking at Uncle Drew with Ethan looking at Aunt "Doily" Jilly
Our hard to capture family photo with the beautiful bride!
Two days after we returned from Kentucky, was my Poppop's birthday. We gathered in a little room hin his assisted living facility and surprised him with some cake and ice cream! While we were there, we took the opportunity to get an updated 4 generations photo!
Poppop (Poppi to Landon), My dad (Grandpop), Me, Landon, and Ethan
On October 8th, we were able to go to the local Duffield's Farm for pumpkin picking and a hayride. It was here that we discovered just how yummy their homemade cider, homemade and hot cider donuts are!
Me and sleepy Ethan on the hayride
Family photo in the pumpkin patch
Daddy and Landon on the hayride!
Just two weeks later, our church kids' group "Cubbies" (for Landon's age group) went to the same farm for a hayride! Needless to say, he thinks hayrides occur weekly now, and asks for them almost daily "when Mr. Sun up." The night before the hayride, was our 11th wedding anniversary. Greg got me a new camera! Horray! The old point and shoot I had smelled like it was burning wires for the past 6 months or so, and was so slow at taking pictures that I constantly missed some great "faces"! I kept saying, "I can't wait until Christmas- all I want is a new camera!" Well, I was surprised a bit early! :) All the rest of these pictures were taken with my new camera!
Here is Landon with his friends, Sophia and Tyler. Both are the children of girls Greg was in our church youth group with! We are still friends with them today, and it is so neat to have the three of us with kids at the same age!
Daddy couldn't join us on the Cubbies hayride because he was working, so Poppop came along!
What a fun time it was with him!
Me and my boys!
Here is Ethan's smile- captured on my new "fast" camera!
Next up, painting pumpkins! A family tradition Greg's family has done for years!
Landon's first time painting! He loved it!
Group shot- yummy hot cider and painting pumpkins- what a combo!
Our finished projects! Can you guess which one is Landon's?
Mommom got a cute Mickey Halloween candy corn hat. Landon enjoyed putting it on Ethan!
And, here is a serious kiss from an awesome big brother
Looking forward to a weekend home together! Hopefully it won't be so long before our next update!








Oh my goodness...cracking up at the cartoon version of Chick.
ReplyDelete-Denise
So happy to see an update!!! Boys are both adorable and look like you guys are all doing lots of fun things this fall!!!!
ReplyDelete