It has been a very busy past two weeks!
Our I-600A is off in the mail! This is our “Application For Advance Processing of Orphan Petition." When the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) receives this, and processes it, we will have to have another set of fingerprints done which will then allow us to receive our I-171 H form. This paperwork can take a while to get back, so we are very thankful Russia does not need it until Dossier #2!
Another big thing we did this past week was attend our required 8 hour Parenting Class in accordance to the Hague Treaty. We sat through a long day of powerpoint presentations on many topics. Some of the topics included: Parenting the Hurt Child or children who have endured trauma, Attachment and Bonding, Chop Adopt (medical issues internationally adopted children can have), etc. But, the best part of our day was the friendships we made with other adopting families, and the adoptive parent and adoptee panels. During the panels, we were able to meet two families who recently adopted from Russia- what an inspiration and encouragement they were! They enabled us to "bring back that love good feelin.'" We've been drowning in so much paperwork lately, that we seemed to have forgotten what joy we are going to have at the end our our journey. It was so so nice to be reminded of just how worth it every bit of this process will be!
Another big item checked off on our to do list is Apostilling. Our Harrisburg documents are on their way back to us now...for tomorrow's delivery to our home. Our Trenton documents will be arriving at our house, apostilled on Wednesday. That means that Thursday we will be making copies, and Friday we will be sending our entire Dossier #1 off to Bethany! They, will then double check everything, and mail it off to Russia! WHOOHOO!! WOW. It's hard to believe it's getting that close!
Mother's Day was much different for me this year. Last year, and, well, the past 3 years have been filled with a sad feeling- will I ever be able to be a mom? Such thoughts really made me so so sad. How could God put such a deep longing within me, and not fulfill that? But, thank God, this year was not filled with those same sad feelings. This year, I was mostly happy, and looking forward to brining our baby home! I pray God is wrapping His arms around our baby until we can. Those are the thoughts I was filled with this year... And, Dakota and Daddy got me a Mother's Day gift! A Russian Vocabulary Book! How thoughtful!
To conclude what I feel was a rambling post, I want to remind everyone to pray over this upcoming meeting in Russia, on the 12th.
Lots of love,
Liz & Greg
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!




yeah for all the progress! I felt so releived when we sent our Dossier off to the agency. It is just such a wonderful feeling. Congrats on the first Mother's Day. It really was since that child is already in your heart. You are a mom now.
ReplyDeleteI know it feels good to be able to check the "big" things off the list! Yeah for you guys! You won't believe your life on next year's Mother's Day!
ReplyDelete