On Friday, March 5th, we found out that we were accepted into the Moscow Program. It was very exciting news! The timing could not have been more perfect...
If I had not miscarried in early July, we would have been due on March 6th. Leading up to this date, I was dreading it...thinking it would be harder than it actually was. Since we began our adoption journey, I have not felt sad at all about our unsuccessful pregnancy, and have honestly been at peace, knowing that we are expanding our family exactly how God wants us to; but, this "March 6th" was a date I wanted to come and go...and so it has!
Early Friday afternoon, I was e-mailed about our Moscow approval, and was told to call another BCS worker to go over all the programs, and their pros and cons. When all was said and done, I asked the lady if there were any reason that we should not choose Moscow. She replied, saying, that there was every reason TO choose Moscow: that day, March 5th, three babies were dropped off at Bethany's Moscow orphanage, which would mean that the new families working with the Moscow BCS program could have a very short wait. There is only 1 family in the program ahead of us, which could mean that we have a chance at being a forever family for one of these babies.
To say the least we are just in awe of God's amazing timing- our future child could have possibly been "delivered" the very day before our due date. God truly does work all things out for His glory- who else could have orchestrated such timing!
We are not getting our hopes too high, and are settled in at peace, knowing that this journey will continue to unfold as God intends it to. We do not know anything about the babies...their gender, age, or history. Please continue to pray along with us for their health, their caretakers, their birthparents, and their future forever families. I am trying to be bold in my prayers...asking that if it is God's will, we be able to make our second trip (the 3-4 week long one) in the summer. Although it seems crazy for things to move this fast, our God is obviously leading and opening doors. We can't wait to see what He will unfold next!
Thank you for all your encouraging comments, support, and prayers!
Love, Liz & Greg
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
NOTE: Click on the time under each post to leave a comment!




I wish I could make a GIGANTIC smile!! :-)
ReplyDeleteAmazing! Tears! Thanks for sharing all of this. God is so good it's ridiculous.
ReplyDeleteShannon told me this exciting news on the phone the other day, and I was so happy to hear it!! I'm so impressed by your faithfulness and confidence in God's timing and plan for your family. I can't wait to see how He blesses you all!!
ReplyDeleteFollow your heart! God is obviously at the helm of it and will lead it in the perfect direction! This is wonderful news for you. Hope the Home Study is quick. I know it is painless, so you'll be fine. God Bless!
ReplyDelete[speechless]...
ReplyDelete<3 sending all my love and prayers to you and Greg. People say "perfect timing", but this has nothing to do with perfect, this is "planned timing" =) you have some amazing angels watching over you. I know you will continue to receive everything your hearts are open to. I'm ecstatic for you both!!
xoxo Alicia