We made a few appointments for the next week that will formally complete this stage of our paperwork, so that our Home Study can begin. For those of you who really want to know the kinds of things we filled out, here you go:
- NJ Paperwork (FBI Clearance/Fingerprinting) - made appt. for us to go next Wed.
- Medical Report (made appts. for us for end of this week/beginning of next week)
- HIPAA Notice- DONE - during mtg.
- ACT 160 Questions- DONE - at home
- Parental Discipline Policy- DONE- during mtg.
- NJ Discipline Policy- DONE- during mtg.
- NJ Statement of Parental Rights- DONE- during mtg.
- Statemnt of Understanding- DONE- during mtg.
- Financial Statement- awaiting answer to question to complete
- Adoption Release and Consent Form- DONE- during mtg.
- Application and Notification Process- DONE- during mtg.
- Will and Guardianship Form- awaiting final question to complete
- SAFE Questionnaire #1 - DONE - at home
- TEAM approach document- DONE- during mtg.
- Fee Contract- DONE- during mtg.
- Duty of Disclosure- DONE- during mtg.
- Marriage Certificate
- 2 Proofs of ID
- Income Verification
- Insurance Declarations (auto, home, health, life)
- Statement of Rabies Shots for Dakota
- Affidavit of Health in Insurance (Greg's picking up now!)
- Homework Packet (we just ordered the 5 required book readings!)
- Parent Prep System Packet- (we just have to go thru this and read)
- USCIS (government paperwork...we are looking into this...)
Other than paperwork completion...no more news at this time. As I get more, I will share!
Please pray for a smooth, quick "paper pregnancy"- lots is in our hands right now with regards to timing. The faster we work and the faster we submit the paperwork, the faster we send everything out to Russia....and THEN...the wait begins!
Love,
Liz




Woo-Hoo! The ball is rolling! :-)
ReplyDeleteHi Liz,
ReplyDeleteSorry I haven't gotten back to you on your last post. . .I got my pins out and my cast off my broken arm so a little crazy!
It sounds like you are now off and running with your paperwork. I think your timeline will be what God wants. Try not to compare yours with what other peoples, as hard as that can be! I did it, so I know how frustrating it can get. . .
One suggestion I wanted to make: a lot of people spend a lot of time trying to learn Russian, which is a great thing. I have to say, though, that a few phrases to get you by in restaurants and grocery stores is really all you'll need. However, there is a great book with CD that we found enormously helpful in communicating with Aidan during our Waiting Period after Court. It is called:
Simple Language for Adoptive Families-Russian
ISBN # 978-0-0806813-3-2
This was excellent with very simple phrases that were easy to learn and were perfect for communicating with a toddler less than 2. We still use some of the phrases from this! And, the great part was that the CD could be uploaded on to our computer and then on to our iPods.
Congratulations again on your paper pregnancy and our prayers are with you! Can't wait to hear more!